Friday 26 August 2011

Today....


I went to school to make the world a better place and since graduating I can not say I have done much with my degree. Last night I forgot what civil society is. This filled me with resolve. I would volunteer, I would use my degree! This morning is another day and once again, I will likely do nothing that contributes to the betterment of society. I have faith that this will change once we are more settled and I will find some way to use my degree, just not today.  Today it is enough that I know I am fortunate. Today, I woke up not knowing hunger. Today, I can choose to eat anything I feel like. I can even have my meals cooked and delivered to me if I wish. Today I will drink tea made with clean water. Today I will be cool when it is warm, dry when it is wet. Today if I want to, I can buy a pair of shoes; impractical, high-heeled shoes. Not because I need them, but because I want them. Today I will appreciate for what it is. 


No comments:

Post a Comment